Design & Engineering
Exceptional Home Technologies’ core strength is design and engineering. Jim Kluka, President of EHT, has 17 years of aerospace design experience ranging from designing cutting-edge jet-engine turbine hardware to ensuring the entire robotics system is properly integrated on the Space Station.
Whole-house technology systems and custom home theaters are also complex systems thus requiring a careful and rigorous design. Whole-house systems, an assembly of various products usually by different manufacturers (such as audio, climate control, and security systems), require the proper system design and integration to ensure rock-solid functionality as a whole. Custom home theater construction (see example below) also requires a precise and thought-out design to guarantee maximum performance.
In addition, EHT can provide design services which includes a set of design plans that you can use on your own. If you are a do-it-yourself individual, a general contractor, or a sub-contractor needing design assistance on your project, EHT will provide the plans and help coordinate construction and system installation.
EHT engineering and design plans include items such as:
- Distribution diagrams showing the locations of all equipment such TV, speakers, in-wall touchscreen controls, data outlets, security equipment, etc.
- General layout of the space and associated audio/video equipment
- Framing requirements to support the design (such as framing to allow in-wall speakers to be placed in particular locations)
- Electrical requirement to support the audio/video equipment (such as lighting and electrical outlet locations)
- Theater projector and screen calculations
- HVAC requirements
- Design drawings for the general contractor to such a building an enclosure for the audio/video equipment
- Acoustical design plans including the locations of acoustical treatments (absorbers, diffusers, bass traps, etc.)
- Equipment rack design plans
Custom Home Theater Design Example
This is a design example of a small custom home theater. This theater space include such features as:
- Video projection system
- 2 row of theater seats with proper sight-lines for all seats (i.e., the back row can see the screen)
- HVAC design
- Stretch fabric “false” front wall that hides all the front speakers and acoustic treatments without affecting the sound
- Advanced sound isolation design (to structurally and acoustically isolate the theater space from the rest of the house)